We are accepting remote applicants located within 2 hours of the UK timezone for this role.
Technology is the core of our business and we're looking for developers who share our passion for tackling complexity and building software that is simple, beautiful and scalable.
Working as part of a small dynamic team of developers, your responsibilities will be varied.
- Turn product requirements into functional features.
- Contribute to all parts of the software development process from architectural design and task planning all the way through to implementation, testing, and documentation.
- Help ensure that all code written conforms to our coding standards and best practices.
- Suggest improvements to our technology stack, coding standards, and processes.
- Review code submitted by other developers, offering feedback and improvements.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
Every member of our development team is expected to be able to work on any part of our technology stack, so we're looking for candidates who are skilled in all aspects of the development lifecycle.
Our technology stack is almost exclusively Ruby on Rails / React. Whilst knowledge of these isn't required, you'll need to be able to up-skill in them quickly.
- Have a robust understanding of HTML, SCSS, and version control such as Git.
- Have a solid understanding of an MVC framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails).
- Have at least three years' worth of experience working as a developer full time.
You will ideally:
- Have knowledge of Typescript.
We're looking for like minded individuals who:
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies and developments in the industry.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Have a keen attention to detail and take pride in their work.
We care deeply about code quality, use continuous integration and deploy to production multiple times per day. Our technology stack can be viewed at: https://stackshare.io/Japestrale/pinpoint
We care deeply about making Pinpoint an incredible place to work and as such invest a significant amount of time and energy into creating and maintaining a company culture that provides our team with a generous level of support whilst inspiring them to do their best work.
Some of our benefits are:
- Full healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- Generous personal development budget. Want to buy books or go on courses? We'll help facilitate that.
- Top of the line equipment: each developer is provided with a 27" iMac and two 27" 4k monitors.
- Flexible working hours. Need to leave in the middle of the day to pick your kids up? No problem. We prioritise output over being in the office at set hours.
- Competitive salary with regular pay reviews.
- Generous option grants.
You'll enjoy working here if you:
- Like being challenged.
- Are the sort of person who enjoys being able to get on with things with minimal management oversight.
- Are keen to work with talented developers and improve your own skillset.
- Are a fan of sending gifs to colleagues.
Click here for the application form!