amazon web services
AppNeta is a fast-growing global technology company that is taking advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $2.9B in 2020. AppNeta has been named five times to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies list, and has won numerous awards for company culture, including Inc. Magazine and BBJ’s Best Places to Work and BostInno’s Coolest Companies.
We are looking for a senior full-stack developer to help drive the evolution of AppNeta's cloud-based web solutions. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, pragmatic self-starter who excels at learning, planning, mentoring, and executing in a fast-paced environment. You are a seasoned developer and thrive on positive interactions with team members, and have a passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity. If you're intrigued, submit your resume and cover letter telling us why.
Although we have offices (currently closed) in Vancouver and Boston we are 100% remote friendly and encourage candidates located anywhere in Canada or the U.S to apply!
What you will do:
In our fast-paced environment, your significant knowledge and experience will enable you to:
- Be an inclusive member of self-organizing, cross-functional agile teams
- Work autonomously and drive your projects to completion
- Mentor and encourage the growth of your peers
- Work closely with product owners to understand priorities and requirements
- Collaboratively engineer and deliver new features and visualizations
- Design and implement portable, reusable, and testable UI components
- Seamlessly integrate the user interface with highly scalable back-end services
- Write highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code in the cloud, including web services
- See the job through to completion by understanding how the software will be built, tested, deployed, and supported
To excel in this position you’ll need:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience, designing and delivering large scale solutions
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn independently and apply new technologies
- Expert knowledge of Java/J2EE technologies for back-end services (EJB3, JPA, Spring, Jersey)
- Expert knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores (PostgresSQL, ElasticSearch, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Experience with cloud architectures and a variety of Amazon Web Services
- Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
- A strong grasp of CS and software design principles
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux systems
- Demonstrated ability to understand, diagnose and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguous problems and make tradeoffs without compromising quality
- Experience or strong interest in network management and web application performance
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNeta’s SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. AppNeta strives to create an inclusive and anti-racist workplace for all team members. We work every day to facilitate and actively promote an environment where all employees know they are truly valued and treated equally. We offer work-from-home stipends, unlimited time off, and generous paid Maternity/Paternity leave, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment.