ruby on rails
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Engineering team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
As a Senior Software Developer at Clio you can expect a fast paced role that offers many interesting problems to solve. You will be a valued member of a collaborative team and the work you do will play a major role in transforming the practice of law for good.
A day in your life might look like:
- Working with your team of developers to solve complex problems and provide solutions to Clio customers;
- Working in an agile development environment;
- Working as part of a full-stack team using a wide variety of technologies, solving cool problems, and challenging yourself;
- Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with development teams across three countries;
- Reviewing code and having your code reviewed; mentoring and being mentored by other Clio developers.
- Actively finding ways to share your learned experience with colleagues and beyond.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- You have a strong idea of what quality looks like, and hold yourself accountable to that. You assist your peers, department, and organization in meeting that standard.
- You have a passion to learn new technologies and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers.
- You possess a growth mindset that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems.
- You are a leader, a teacher, and a role model for the people around you.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with any of our tech stack (Ruby on Rails, Typescript, AngularJS, React Native)
- Experience writing software at scale
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Canada. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Canada. We want all team members to feel like they're able to do their best work here, and we're committed to supporting that whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.