Miva is a flexible adaptable ecommerce platform that increases revenue and operational efficiency for our merchants, effortlessly scaling as their business grows. We are looking for a remote experienced Senior Software Developer to join our Internal Development team as we continue to streamline and expand our internal systems.
In this position, the Senior Software Developer will use a variety of technologies, including but not limited to; PHP, PERL, Linux, Apache, and MySQL, to work on a mix of commercial and homegrown applications. The ideal candidate will contribute to our team by building and configuring interfaces (JSON, XML, etc.) to make our internal systems work together seamlessly.
The ideal candidate enjoys working a collaborative and fully-remote company and is excited to join the rapidly expanding industry of ecommerce!
- Interpret user requirements and regulations to create software specifications
- Understand and analyze business processes
- Develop, modify, integrate, create test scripts and test internal software systems using high-quality software engineering practices
- Ensure the security of information systems through strict adherence to language-appropriate secure code development practices
- Develop implementation plans and trains users
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field from an accredited college or university
- Five-plus years of experience as a Software Developer
- Knowledge of at least two high level programming languages (knowledge of PHP is preferred)
- Solid familiarity with the Unix operating system or derivatives (e.g. Linux)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge about database normalization and solid understanding of database architecture
- Knowledge of development tools and testing methodologies
- Familiarity with REST APIs (JSON and XML)
- Familiarity with development best practices such as documentation, source management, code reviews, etc.
- Able to work independently and collaborate in a team
Bonus points if you have:
- Understanding/familiarity with hosting control panels (such as Plesk)
Our awesome perks!
- Fully remote company based out of sunny San Diego, CA
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- 401k with company match; vested immediately
- Monthly virtual team events, like wine tasting and trivia
- Enthusiastic & inspiring co-workers
- Flexible work schedule & a great work-life balance!
Miva is a leading eCommerce software dedicated to empowering enterprise merchants and agencies with a state-of-the-art online storefront. To date, Miva software has powered over $100 billion in online sales for retailers worldwide.
Our success and the success of our clients are driven by high-performing teams of talented professionals. By creating a culture in which passion, ingenuity, and collaboration are rewarded, we have become the driving force for the advancement of independent commerce.
Miva has been named a San Diego Best and Brightest Company in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, and a National Best and Brightest Company in 2020! We have also been named a Top Workplace in San Diego in 2014, 2015, & 2016 and the Best Place to Work in San Diego in 2015, 2016, & 2017.
Miva, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.