Wavenet is seeking an experienced Software Developer to join the expanding team of nine developers (5 based in Nottingham and 4 in Solihull).
The team works on developing Wavenet’s in-house systems:
- Service Desk, our in-house designed and built Services and Configuration Management System.
- The TeamsLink customer portal which fronts our Microsoft Teams-based cloud services.
both of which are key elements in Wavenet’s service delivery infrastructure.
Service Desk also hosts our primary customer portal and interfaces via APIs to internal BSS systems and to external supplier systems.
The team uses Agile processes work with monthly sprints with software releases delivered at the end of each sprint.
At present, Wavenet has several workstreams dealing with customer-facing quoting and ordering, service and configuration data capture from legacy systems, reporting and dashboarding and ticket management improvements so there is huge scope to employ a wide range of experience and skills.
The primary task of the Service Desk Software Developer is to create and deploy code for Service Desk via the sprint process to deliver usable functionality on a dependable basis to our customers from the workstack of development projects already identified.
Contribution to the content, scope and development feasibility in assembling the ongoing Wavenet software development roadmap would also be part of this role.
Secondary tasks relate to:
- identifying improvements in Security, Performance and Resilience of existing and future software projects.
- contributing to discussions on the architectural design of Wavenet Systems
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong customer (both internal and external) focus.
- Have a strong 'can do’ attitude.
- Be able to self-organise with minimal supervision.
- Have excellent time management skills and be capable of working to deadlines.
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all organisational levels.
- Pay attention to detail.
And have Technical Skills and Experience related to:
- Experience in developing in PHP 7
- Understanding of OOP and experience with frameworks (Symfony preferred).
- Experience of developing and deployment with GitLab and CI/CD
- Deploying a LAMP stack
This role is a UK-based, permanent full-time role and attracts a salary of circa £40k.
The role is based out of our Solihull Head Office and occasional working from this office will definitely be required but the successful candidate could be completely office-base or largely working from home depending on what works for both parties. In the current COVID-19 situation, it is assumed all work would be from home.