ruby on rails
What your team does:
The team’s mission is to connect people who need legal assistance to the lawyers that can serve them the best. Our projects help guide a person with legal need from the awareness stage through to intake with a law firm, where we feel we can materially impact the access to justice problem.The team is currently looking for someone who is curious, engaged, and driven to improve oneself and the team.
A day in your life might look like:
- Working with a team of developers to solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions to Clio customers;
- Working in an agile development environment;
- Working full-stack using a wide variety of technologies, learning new things, and challenging yourself;
- Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with development teams across three countries;
- Reviewing code and having your code reviewed; mentoring and being mentored by other Clio developers. Thrive as #TeamClio.
- Actively finding ways to share your experience in the Clio development community.
- Doing the best work of your life, enjoying collaborating with your coworkers,
- Playing a role in transforming the practice of law, for good.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- You have a strong idea of what quality looks like, and hold yourself accountable to that. You assist your peers, department, and organization in meeting that standard.
- You are able to master new technologies quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers.
- You have a broad knowledge base that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems
- You are a leader, a teacher, and a role model for the people around you.
- You can see around corners, solving problems before they have a chance to come up.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with any of our tech stack (Ruby on Rails, Typescript, AngularJS, React Native)
- Experience writing software at scale
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Canada. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Canada. We want all team members to feel like they're able to do their best work here, and we're committed to supporting that whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.