Mt. Airy ,MD or Remote
Job Summary: As a member of our Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for working with the Product Management team to design, estimate and build out solutions to new features and any reported bugs for our cutting-edge security threat management application. The successful candidate will bridge the gap across the UI, API and backend services while working with the rest of the engineering team to identify areas of optimization and clarity in the existing codebase.
The position would be located in our Engineering office located in Mt. Airy, MD. We are open to remote US based workers but they must have significant experience with the qualifications outlined below and priority will be give to those in the Central or Eastern Time Zones.
- Primary contributor for feature development of API and backend services (Laravel, MariaDB, Solr).
- Strong proficiency with SQL with ~20% of time writing optimized SQL to address scalability requirements.
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles, data structures, algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability.
- Create and optimize database queries with proper use of table indices.
- Develop fault tolerant data migrations and transformations.
- Enable rapid development cycles and quality with strong unit tests and good code.
- Be a strong team player and play your part in making it fun.
- Create production quality code within 3 week sprints.
- Live and breathe our company values.
Qualifications and Technologies Required:
- 4+ years of development with PHP backend
- 4+ years experience with building web services and RESTful APIs
- 4+ years experience with database technologies (MariaDB, MySQL)
- 4+ years experience with Linux
Preferred Qualifications and Technologies:
- PHP Laravel
- Memcached, Redis
- MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Solr, Elasticsearch, Splunk, Lucene
- SDL and OWASP security principles
- Static Code Analysis tools
- Containers and orchestration
- Distributed architecture
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Cyber security knowledge
- Experience with Atlassian products