Do you want to write code that boosts medical discoveries, not online sales?
With your experience in the field, you want to bring value to the world. Then, perhaps, it's about time for you to write code that saves lives, not a few euros while booking a holiday?
You'll set the technical foundation for our mobile stack and build new mobile applications. Working together with the Team Lead, Product Owner, and a fellow iOS engineer, you'll be at the frontiers of the Mobile Department at Castor and help grow the team.
No one will doubt the importance of medical research nowadays. Our products are used by over 85.000 researchers and millions of patients worldwide, and we plan to bring the same top-notch user experience to the mobile realm.
At Castor, we simplify the clinical trial process, from recruitment to analysis, with user-friendly, patient-centric technology. Our mission is to bring medical research into the digital age. Why? Because medical research is still primarily run using free-text, paper, and legacy technology.
Our company culture is what we are proud of. Although we are a scale-up and we grow rapidly, we follow our values diligently and take the well-being of each Castorian seriously: think about sleeping courses, Calm subscription, downtime weeks, and more).
You'll also enjoy a flat hierarchy and remote-first working setup. Are you based in the Netherlands? Then you're welcome to visit our Amsterdam hub and meet your colleagues on Friday drinks (when the lockdown is over).
How is Castor supporting the Coronavirus crisis?
Castor has joined the global fight against coronavirus by making our research data capture system available for free for all COVID-19 research projects. Castor supports more than 250 COVID-19 studies worldwide, including the World Health Organization's SOLIDARITY trial.
What's in it for me?
- A flexible and remote-first working opportunity (we also have an office in Amsterdam, our Castor Burrow)
- Unlimited holiday policy (in addition to national holidays)
- Flexible approach to working - nobody is tracking your time except you
- A competitive salary and a guaranteed 'happy holidays' bonus
- A robust Employee Stock Option Plan
- Are you interested in lifelong learning? You'll love using our development and training budget!
- A MacBook or Dell laptop, we're a tech start-up after all ;)
- Like to feel zen? You'll love our company subscription to Calm for meditation and yoga
Is this you?
- You are comfortable working remotely with multinational teams (EMEA time zone)
- You are more than confident working with Kotlin/Java and Android SDK
- You have solid software engineering experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications
To make medical research smarter and faster and build top-notch products to support decentralized clinical trials, we pay close attention to diversity & inclusion in Castor's Product and Engineering teams. You can learn more from our Team LeadRoxana and Software Engineer Luciana Interviews on their experience working at Castor and their opinions on D&I in engineering topics!
Castor continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of colour, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community. Please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/her/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).