java native interface
Introduction to Shield AI Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly. Job Description Are you a passionate and innovative Android developer looking to create exceptional user experiences? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you! As Software Engineer focused on Android development, you will re-imagine how users can effectively engage with robotics and artificial intelligence to solve real world problems and achieve our audacious objective: to reduce service member and civilian casualties to 0 by 2030. Help build and deploy our next generation products as you collaborate with other brilliant engineers to build truly magical products that save lives. What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a diverse group of highly motivated and supportive engineers from various disciplines to create reliable and secure autonomous intelligent systems to protect lives.
- Provide exceptional user experience on mobile by helping define the architecture, building up features, and improving existing ones.
- Prototype and test experimental features and libraries to assess project fit.
- Work with the user services group and the business team to incorporate feedback and improve the user experience.
- Help influence the technical road map for user services.
- Constantly improve your craft and take pride in what you ship.
Projects that you might work on:
- Take ownership of a feature and make direct impact to the end product.
- Work on features that requires integration with OpenGL 3.2 ES
- Build a UI that integrates sensor reading from the quads and display it in 3D form.
- Integrate C/C++ libraries with the app through the use of JNI.
- Build tools that will empower mobile developers to work more efficiently.
People we’re looking for have the required education and experience:
- You have an expert understanding of the Android fundamentals and lifecycle
- You have experience working with video streaming components and technology on Android such as ExoPlayer and/or GStreamer and various media codecs
- You have a strong understanding of Android UI Components such as Activities, Fragments, Views, Layouts, and Animations
- You have a strong understanding of the Android Architecture Components such as LiveData, ViewModels, and DataBinding
- You have a demonstrated track record of shipping apps on a release cycle with multiple stakeholders
- You have experience in Test Driven and Behavioral Driven Development and working with various tool sets used for testing, debugging and performance tuning
- You have a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, Object Oriented Programming, and application design patterns
- You are comfortable writing code in Kotlin Programming Language
- You have a solid understanding of MVP and MVVM design patterns
- You have 5 or more years of industry experience
- You work comfortably in a team, can keep a big picture perspective with focus on better outcomes, and are passionate about mobile development
- You have solid documentation and communication skills, and you're able to collaborate with team members, onsite or offsite
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team apply now! Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.