ata Pipeline BenchSci
- Scale data pipelines to allow data to go from research to platform as fast as possible
- Develop data access mechanisms for downstream applications consumption
- Manage sources which contain both semi-structured as well as unstructured data
- Develop and apply suitable frameworks to detect data drift, and then calibrate and redeploy them to production seamlessly
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to solve interesting and challenging data problems
- 5+ years' experience working as a professional developer
- Expertise in Python
- Expertise with SQL
- Expertise in Spark 2.x, Dataset/DataFrame API and performance tuning
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services
- Experience with Pandas
Nice to haves, but not mandatory qualifications:
- Background in Life Science
- Experience with Airflow or other workflow management systems in a distributed setup
- Experience with graph data modelling and scaling graph databases
- Experience with Kubernetes in production
- Experience with technical design and applying architectural patterns
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options in the company
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan: All employees get the “executive treatment”
- Effectiveness coaching for managers: Onsite, personalized coaching from an executive coach with a doctorate in clinical psychology
- Mental health tools and support: Optional mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe: Find out what your DNA says about your health, traits, and ancestry
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week: Get 15 days to use anytime, and we’re closed Dec 25-Jan 1
- Additional days off: Company summer day, your birthday, and earn +1 vacation day annually
- Work from anywhere flexibility: Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym: Keep fit, conveniently, with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package: Including health and dental
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
BenchSci is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. The work and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility. That fundamental belief will guide us along our diversity, equity, and inclusion journey. We are just at the beginning, we will experience moments of discomfort and we may stumble along the way but we are committed to continuously improving and creating equitable and systemic change.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.