Juni Technology AB
ruby on rails
Join us to build the world’s best financial companion for e-commerce
Do it while working from anywhere in the world!
- 5+ years software development experience
- Strong knowledge of React, Typescript, Babel, Webpack or equivalents and building single page web applications.
- Ability to autonomously make good technical choices that solve business problems.
- Experience working with product managers and designers to produce high-quality user interfaces.
- Strong product focus and commitment to good design and user experience.
We are revolutionizing banking for digital entrepreneurs around the world. As their financial companion, we build products that help them understand their business and sell smarter, with features including global accounts, unlimited virtual cards, and an overview of cash flow. See for yourself at https://demo.juni.co/demo.
Building rocketships isn't easy, but sure is fun!
The same freedom we’re creating for our customers we believe employees should benefit from as well. We give our employees freedom because they take responsibility and understand that everything is a team effort. Whether you’re a rock-loving designer or a pet snake-owning developer; Juni strives to be the workplace where you feel at home, where you can grow and most importantly where you feel a sense of accomplishment - every day. We truly believe that we’re changing the world for small businesses around the globe and we want you to be part of that mission.
Tackle convoluted problems and develop clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
We recently closed a huge Series A with some of the greatest names in e-commerce and venture investing, and now we need amazing talent to help us on our mission.
- gRPC (Protocol buffers)
- PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Kubernetes, AWS
Our engineering team is made up of a diverse and talented mixture of backend and frontend engineers. We are led by a hands-on CTO and Co-Founder (Anders)
Right now, the collective engineering team consists of 12 Engineers, and we have ambitions to grow to 36 engineers in the next few months. So it's certainly a very exciting time to join.
In this role you’ll:
- Play a focal role in the development of user interfaces for our web-based product.
- Help build our engineering culture as we're growing.
- Provide technical leadership around our frontend with exceptional knowledge around React and ideally some experience with server web infrastructure, such as Go, Python, Rails, CDNs or Node.js
- Overall we are looking for someone to aid Juni's code quality and architectural decisions as an Engineer in the team
Within 1 month you'll:
- Introduce an important architectural improvement to our React codebase
- Fix two thorny unfixed bugs, which the team otherwise could not have done
Within 3 months you'll:
- Other web frontend engineers say they’re learning a lot and are more productive because of you
- Have helped us to fully migrate core flows to React quicker than we otherwise would have - our velocity has increased significantly
Within 6 months you'll:
- Help introduce significant new features which radically improve our product.
- Impact the quality of the product, getting to the point where we fix all bugs and are improving performance metrics
- Be proud of the product and the codebase
- We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the world...
- or check-in in one of our local hubs!
- 8500EUR / year happiness stipend
- Health insurance
- Great quarterly off-sites across Europe.
- 30 vacation days (annual, minimum)
- Awesome options package
Anywhere you want, Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin, Gothenburg, Anywhere you decide, Ljubljana, Madrid, Oslo, Paris, Stockholm, Tallinn, Vilnius, and Warsaw