Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in the world’s most talented software engineers.
What You’ll Do
Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our clients around the world.
Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively.
Design, scope, and implement technical solutions that scale across multiple web applications
Collaboratively define and prioritize projects and tasks
Drive thoughtful conversations around technical issues and opportunities
Review code and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback for your team and the community
Triage, reproduce, and debug technical support requests, bugs, and feature requests reported by users in our Issues on our website.
Provide compassionate technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
Strong written communication skills
High degree of empathy
5+ years experience as a full-time professional coder using Ruby on Rails.
Experience team leading/management.
Experience working asynchronously on a remote, distributed team (does not have to be professional experience - preferable)
Ability to draw on both system design and software engineering concepts and blend those perspectives pragmatically based on project needs
Experience building highly available services at scale
What You’ll Get
Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
A chance to change the world for the better
Senior Python Developer
Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our clients around the world.
- Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively.
A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and exercised ownership on various technical teams.
- Expert-level understanding of Python
- Deep understanding of fundamental database concepts - relational (SQL) database, non-relational (NoSQL) database and ORMs/ODMs
- Strong knowledge of at least one cloud hosting platform (Ex: AWS, GCP)
- Comfort with at least one CI/CD tool (Ex: Jenkins, Travis)
- Working knowledge of containerization and orchestration techniques
- Deep understanding of applicable unit and integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Awareness of the capabilities of applicable languages/frameworks/libraries as well as the inherent differences between them in order to understand trade-offs and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of software engineering collaboration tools
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Working knowledge of code editor and formatting tools
Comfort with at least one web server technology -- (ex: Apache, Nginx)