ata Amobee, Inc
We are seeking multiple senior-level Software Engineers with a knack for writing well-designed, highly performant, low latency, scalable, and fault-tolerant server code to handle over 7 million server-to-server requests per second with a latency of <80 milliseconds in a big data environment.
The role involves developing and designing features and new interfaces in collaboration with internal Product Management and other development and operational Engineering teams. Your responsibilities will be based on your experience level and accomplishments. You’ll be part of a highly talented collaborative team working on various technical challenges, ranging from scalability to innovative feature design and development.
As a senior member of the team you will also play a key role in various architectural efforts and potentially lead complex feature designs in our server platform. It is expected that every member on the team will be hands-on with Java. Senior members on the team may be involved in less coding tasks but should expect up to 50% of their time to be focussed on hands-on design and development activities.
This position is available remotely, on-site in Baltimore or Reston, VA or hybrid.
- Design and develop distributed, low latency / high throughput, multi-threaded server infrastructure components
- Integrate and build services and components to produce highly-available, fault-tolerant, and low-latency near real-time ETL systems and APIs.
- Build and scale internet-facing ad serving components
- Implement new server interfaces for use by Amobee’s technology partners
- Learn and grow your technical skill sets and industry knowledge from local experts
- Develop data streams for gathering, aggregating, and processing raw data
- Build interfaces with various partners and customers
- Interact with other world-class digital and traditional advertising teams within Amobee
- Participate and collaborate in the creation and evolution of global scale infrastructure as needed.
- Meet with product managers to provide guidance, plan, documentation, create estimates, and designs for teams and projects.
- 5+ years Java programming experience
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread safety
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MYSQL, SQL Server or Oracle)
- Ability to creatively solve problems and thrive when faced with new and unique challenges
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Tomcat), server-side development, performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Unix / Linux background including shell-scripting
- Understanding of HTTP request/response structures and lifecycle
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with NoSQL concepts and platforms (RocksDB, CouchBase, Redis)
The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.