Tucows Wireless Services is building a new modern SaaS platform to help wireless companies operate around the world. The rollout of 5G networks in the US and elsewhere provides opportunities for innovation in the telecom space. And as an Internet company, our culture, experience and approach position us well to take advantage of these.
If you are a seasoned software engineer and this sounds like something you might like to be a part of, we may have a job for you!
Why work with us:
- You enjoy greenfield software development
- You excel at solving problems at scale for millions of people
- You want to work with cutting edge technologies
- You want to work with and learn from some of the smartest minds in the industry
We are looking for people with the following experiences and attributes:
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- In depth knowledge of at least one of Ruby, Python, Go, or Scala
- Solid understanding of Event Driven Architecture
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with writing distributed applications
- Experience with API application development
- Experience with Data Persistence at scale using Postgres, Redis
- Experience with writing highly testable code
- Experience with writing highly observable systems using any of Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, New Relic, etc
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using technologies such as Terraform, Nomad, Kubernetes, Docker, etc
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated performance tuning skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Advocates for automated testing and observability
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind)
- An account on Github.com with samples of your code
- Experience in the telecoms space
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.