ruby on rails
Senior Software Engineer / Ruby or Elixir/ Full-Stack/ Remote
As part of the engineering team, your work will directly impact the supply side of our business. You will improve product intake funnels, user account pages related to their sales, customer payment processes, and integrate with tools used by business units such as Sales, Marketing, and BI. We are looking for Full-stack engineers who bring fresh ideas, enjoy learning every day, willing to expand their development skills and solve challenging problems and make a huge visible impact on our company.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Produce high-quality, performant, testable code.
- Review pull requests and provide constructive feedback.
- Pair up with someone to work together on a feature.
- Learn something new, and mentor junior engineers.
- Deploy to production multiple times.
- Help define technical strategy and architecture.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in their own area of expertise.
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of professional web application / full-stack development experience.
- Fluency with any of Ruby, Elixir, Erlang.
- Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools.
- Strong database fundamentals and experience with MySql or Postgresql.
- Worked with search engines such as ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr.
- Experience using async message queues.
- Mastery of git and Github workflows.
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Experience with Elixir, Phoenix.
- Advanced CS degree or equivalent
Apply to this job -https://www.therealreal.com/careers/5074311002#content
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists, and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art, and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off, and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.