We’re seeking a creative Senior Software Engineer who enjoys creating scalable and interoperable applications. In this role you will build software that will allow our team to upload data from hospitals and into the cloud.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
This is a work-from-home position that will join our growing team in the United Kingdom.
- Develop software that monitors and integrates seamlessly with databases, HL7 feeds, XML notifications and can access various file systems.
- Build robust, scalable and interoperable applications and services that can ingest and transfer very large amounts of data (including large image files for digital pathology) outside of the hospital ecosystem and running on thin virtual appliances.
- Build cloud services to support ingestion of images and associated metadata.
- Provide support for your product and applications by being the point of contact for various IT teams at hospitals.
- Implement new features while applying software development and security best practices.
- Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team.
- 5+ years’ experience as an engineer building software that is made to be run 24/7.
- Strong proficiency in Python.
- Strong knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs, microservices and microservices paradigms (Domain-Driven-Design, etc.)
- Deep understanding of virtual appliances and Unix / Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (eg. unit testing, regression testing).
- Experience working in an agile team.
Nice to have
- Understanding of clinical workflows.
- Prior working experience with DICOM files and/or HL7 feeds for medical image data.
- Prior usage of Mirth Connect, or equivalent.