amazon web services
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is more than a business, it’s a movement. As the leader in the financial mindfulness category, Happy Money delivers digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™ through a purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money’s Engineering team is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to design, build, deploy, and own microservice applications, infrastructure, and data delivering products and services in support of Happy Money’s lending business. You will work with little or no supervision, and be able to take general direction and formulate specific tasks to accomplish the desired results for Happy Money Customers. You will work to contribute to complex functional specs and design docs when necessary.
- Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members.
- Own design, test, development, and delivery of new and existing features.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify the best solutions.
- Demonstrates understanding of tradeoffs inherent in software design.
- Capable of working in isolation to design solutions to complex problems.
- Design and develop maintainable, scalable, fault-tolerant, and efficient systems.
- Upholding code quality to ensure features are up to standards to deliver a quality product.
- Prioritize team needs in technical debt and tooling to relieve operational load and evolve the system to meet the changing needs of the environment.
100% remote position based in the US.
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer developing solutions for systems at scale.
- 5+ years microservice development experience
- Backend engineer with a breadth of experience in microservice architecture, and test-driven development.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, you are curious, and a motivated self-learner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
- Result-oriented knows how to unblock yourself and others to achieve goals and objectives.
- You are a polyglot capable of learning new languages and technologies quickly.
- Experience designing scalable and reliable applications.
- Experience designing and developing cloud-based solutions.
- Understanding of containerization technologies.
- Production experience developing scalable/highly available consumer applications.
- BA/Master degree in Computer Science or a related field of study OR relevant years of work experience
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with financial services systems
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Experience in designing and deploying systems to AWS.
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!