amazon web services
Are you passionate about solving complex technical problems that have a direct impact on millions of end users? Do you like to work on a modern tech stack and get challenged each day at work? Are you interested in shaping the future of how audio is consumed and monetized? Read on...
We are Jelli, the tech engine behind the largest audio company in America, iHeartMedia, and our mission is to help people enjoy music and audio experiences by providing platform technology that supports free listening through better audio advertising.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) for our Product team. As a member of this team, you will be working on products that serve millions of audio ads on radio, streaming, and podcasts across the iHeartMedia network. You'll work on server-side components and microservices writing complex algorithms, building scalable and secure APIs, creating integrations to internal and 3rd party systems, and designing data models for efficient data storage. You'll also apply your vast knowledge and experience in algorithms, data structures, API security, and application scaling to solve business-critical problems. Accepting the status quo is not a trait of a Jelli engineer. You are expected to question the defaults, see the big picture, identify areas to better our products, and come up with innovative solutions to enable our products to perform and scale.
Note: We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19
- Desirable office locations in San Mateo, Boise, and New York
- Tight-knit teams that value teamwork and collaboration
- Company-sponsored virtual activities like yoga, meditation, and workouts
- Virtual wine tastings and game nights
- A stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks, and endless beverages
- Foosball and ping pong tables to keep things fun
OUR TECH STACK
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Ember.js
- AWS Cloud
- Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx
- MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB
WHAT YOU'LL DO ON AN AVERAGE DAY
- Design and implement components and microservices using Java and SpringBoot
- Build secure and standards-driven REST APIs that can scale to the high demands of our services
- Write clean, good quality, highly testable, and maintainable code. Follow company and industry best practices
- Build and maintain high quality codebase by writing unit tests and implementing feedback received through code reviews
- Collect, analyze, and act on data to constantly improve the performance, resilience, and scalability of our products
- Help QA write integrations tests that help in building solid regression test suites for the product
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure high quality product deliverables
- Work with the product management to understand user stories to build use cases and tests that meet the defined acceptance criteria
- Be enthusiastic and always ready to dive into complex problems and come up with efficient solutions
- Mentor junior engineers and ensure they are adhering to defined engineering processes
- 6+ years of professional experience in backend object-oriented languages such as Java, C#, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable applications on Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Strong experience in system architecture, design, and scaling. Hands-on experience creating reusable and extensible software components
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, and their practical applications
- Experience with all phases of SDLC in Agile Software Development
- Strong knowledge in SQL database, including schema designing, indexing, and writing efficient SQL queries
NICE TO HAVE
- Exposure to NOSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience building scalable asynchronous applications using Kafka
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Nexus, Jenkins