We partner with content creators and brands to facilitate prized-based experiences, changing the ways players, streamers, and fans interact with the experiences they love - offering creators a new way to engage consumers and brands a new way to expand their reach.
We are a strong team of strategists, designers, and engineers who value curiosity, diversity, empathy, and community as a way to drive long-term value for employees, partners, our communities, and our shareholders. Learn more about us here. Come join our team!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
Versus Systems is looking for a Mobile Developer to focus upon our Android SDKs. You’ll work with our content partners to build, integrate, and customize our product suite into their platforms, facilitating our ability to offer unique experiences to their users. Engaging with entertainment content for real rewards is changing engagement - and you’ll help us do it.
We're a fast-growing team with a strong engineering culture. We value collaboration and creativity.
Did we mention we have a Kickass MAME Cabinet awaiting our post-COVID return to the office?
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR DAY . . .
You will be an expert in our technology and a go-to resource for internal teams and Versus’ partners. You’ll assist external development teams with integrating the Versus experience directly into their content. As an engineer working on custom integrations you will help define the future vision for developer focused tools, SDKs, libraries, and/or plugins to integrate Versus into the games of our partners.
We recognize the skills we require are across a variety of ecosystems. It should be noted that we don’t expect you to be a master of them all. We want to hear from you if you are either heavily weighted in one with some experience in the others, or the equivalent of a Swiss Army knife - proficient in a number of them, yet master of none.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who gets excited about being on the bleeding edge of prize-based gaming. Your work will help our partners leverage Versus to maximize player engagement and make their games more fun.
YOU WILL HAVE . . .
- Strong architecture, and development skills
- A strong understanding of asynchronous and event based programming
- Significant experience creating software using C#
- 3+ Years experience consuming API (Extra Credit if you've built some as well)
- Autonomy and self motivation with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- A knowledge of how to build 2D UI systems using a graphics framework (WPF, Forms, Unity, UIKit … etc)
- An understanding of the types of UI/UX pitfalls that come with building software aimed at mobile.
- An excitement to help, teach, and mentor those around you
- Great communication and team-work skills and experience collaborating with other developers via version control and bug tracking
- An ability to read different types of reference code from multiple codebases.
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Experiencing working with Unity
- Desire to learn Unity development
- Experience building UI with WPF
- Any level of experience working with AR
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation that people actually take - we promise
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- Flexible work day schedule - currently remote for COVID
- Matched 401k