Senior Software Engineer – Container Ecosystem
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help build innovative open source software in the container space. As part of the Container Ecosystem team, you will explore new ideas and work on new and developing projects. You will be a key player in delivering solutions enriching the user experience of cloud-native platforms such as Kubernetes and making the life easier for people running containerized workloads.
At SUSE, we are strongly committed to open source and we contribute to numerous free and open projects and initiatives. We embrace and believe in the open source innovation model and the open source business model. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to and be part of various open source projects in the container ecosystem, like Kubernetes and Helm. You will work together with the communities for these projects and strive to continuously advance the state of the art.
Curiosity and teamwork are two of the values that drive us as a development team. If you are passionate about these values too, you are likely a great fit for us. As a team, we're constantly finding ways to improve ourselves. We pride ourselves on our communication and teamwork – we're all in this together!
Education and Experience:
Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 5 years’ software engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Go, including the corresponding ecosystem and best practices
- Hands-on software development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Experience with containers and container orchestration solutions
- Experience and/or interest in Agile methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals
- Familiar with or willing to quickly learn the Kubernetes code base and architecture
- Experience with development of cloud native applications
- Performance instrumentation, analysis and tuning
- Experience with open source development
- Experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, or Azure) and/or Distributed Systems
- Experience working with a distributed team. You will be expected to engage with team members across many time zones and cultures.
SUSE is a global leader in innovative, reliable and enterprise-grade open source solutions, relied upon by more than 60% of the Fortune 500 to power their mission-critical workloads. We specialize in Enterprise Linux, Kubernetes Management, and Edge solutions, and collaborate with partners and communities to empower our customers to innovate everywhere –- from the data center, to the cloud, to the edge and beyond. SUSE puts the “open” back in open source, giving customers the agility to tackle innovation challenges today and the freedom to evolve their strategy and solutions tomorrow. The company is headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany, and employs nearly 2000 people globally. SUSE is listed in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.