ata platform and analytics, VMware Carbon Black VMware Bulgaria
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black’s success.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join one of our Carbon Black Cloud Development teams to build solutions that will help us deliver an industry leading security product to our customers. Join a talented team of developers using a wide variety of latest cloud technologies to solve big problems while partnering with threat researchers who are on the bleeding edge of malware analysis. You’ll build solutions that our customers are clamouring for, that will help our customers prevent the next front page security breach.
This position is available for remote work within Bulgaria or Poland.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, implement, support, and enhance a data platform reporting and analytics for Carbon Black Cloud
- Build and maintain data pipelines to ingest and refresh data and metrics from a variety of data sources.
- Enable self-service reporting and analytics while ensuring proper access controls are in place and enforced.
- Develop and implement tests to ensure data quality across all integrated data sources.
What You’ll Bring:.
- Expert level programming experience with Java and/or Python particularly in relation to data processing with Spark / Flink / Hive;
- Expert level experience with SQL
- Good understanding of storage systems such as S3 / HDFS
- Experience with relational databases and some knowledge of non-relational databases, particularly in the area of OLAP (Online analytical processiing) systems
- Experience with distributed systems and service oriented architectures / miroservices and synchronous / asynchronous communication patterns such as REST, Protobuf, Kafka, Kinesis
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position.
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills/methodologies, who can successfully manage multiple priorities.
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, Lambda, Athena, Kinesis, EMR
- Some knowledge of Infrastructure As Code tooling such as Terraform
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.