The Connected Email team is on a mission to support all one-to-one email use cases within HubSpot. Our team is responsible for sending and synchronizing hundreds of millions of emails per month across 5 different providers. We are also responsible for constructing business-level events from each email received/sent/replied, email threading concerns, and other complex business logic tied to email.
Email is critical to many of our customers’ daily business operations, and given the complexity and natural “edge-case” nature of email, this poses an especially tough challenge to scale our infrastructure in a way that ensures reliability and correctness. It becomes especially difficult given the scale of the number of customers currently relying on our platform - we are setting new records every week (email volume has doubled in the past year alone) and there is no sign of things slowing down.
Over the next year, we plan to split our entire infrastructure into an EU and US region, improve the reliability across our email providers, build tools and infrastructure to be able to minimize and eliminate reported bugs, and potentially rewrite a large portion of our infrastructure. If any of this work sounds interesting to you, if you are the kind of person who runs towards challenging problems, and if you want to work on a team where no idea is too wild and no part of the system is off limits, then let’s talk!
In this role you’ll get to:
- Work on an email sending and synchronization platform used by lots of developers inside and outside of HubSpot
- Analyze and improve the reliability of distributed systems
- Solve for some of our customers' most complex and business-critical processes
- Work on problems at a very large scale
We are looking for people who:
- Want to grow their career in a fast paced, low bureaucracy environment
- Like the idea of working on small, customer-driven development teams of 3-5 engineers
- Dive into concepts they may be unfamiliar with
- Are passionate about delivering exceptional experiences to our customers
- Take ownership, work collaboratively, and figure things out
- Analyze trade-offs with empathy, and build creative solutions