Senior Software Engineer in the Banking Tech Team - Hamburg or remote
We have big plans for Tomorrow. In the long term, we want to become Europe's leading digital sustainability bank. That's a hell of a lot of work - so let's get started.
As Banking Team our mission is to provide awesome core banking functionalities and features fostering a sustainable mindset. We thrive to provide the best digital banking experience for everyone being interested in sustainable mobile banking in order to extend their sustainable lifestyle. We are responsible for the core component of the tomorrow platform and maintain it in a distributed system.
As Senior Software Engineer (f/m/x) in the Banking Team you'll work independently and in an agile way in an international and interdisciplinary team of backend and mobile developers, designers and product owners. You'll be responsible for the conception, design and development of technically demanding distributed software projects. This is a real hands-on job. You'll proactively apply your existing knowledge and skills to the entire engineering process, be innovative and have no fear of unorthodox solutions. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (f/m/x) with a passion for high-quality code and a thorough understanding of the technologies mentioned below.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You look back on several years of professional experience in agile software development.
- You live an open and constructive error culture.
- You feel comfortable in an agile working environment and enjoy interdisciplinary teamwork.
- You have experience in taking responsibility and drive decisions from your previous job(s).
- You have deep knowledge in Java.
- You have good knowledge in Spring Framework.
- You are familiar with relational databases.
- You know about clean code principles and testing and have fun in constantly improving an existing code base.
- You are interested in operational aspects of software and like the "you build it, you run it" approach.
- You are able to express your thoughts appropriately in English.
- Bonus: You have already worked with Kubernetes and/or Kafka and/or have experience with migrating monolithic applications into distributed systems? That's a plus, but no must.
- You support the vision of the banking of tomorrow and are passionate about helping us turn this vision into a reality.
WHAT WE OFFER
It'll be fun, we promise. Or, to be a bit more formal: we're offering a challenging role in a meaningful, innovative venture. We founded Tomorrow because we want to make a difference. Together, we want to contribute to a better, sustainable tomorrow. You'll become part of a young, intrinsically motivated team. We have flat hierarchies, a great attitude and plenty of plans. The more ideas and input you bring with you, the better. Let's get going.
58.000 - 75.000 EUR annual gross
Transparency is Queen (and King). This is why we indicate a salary range for all jobs. Once we have got to know you better in an interview, we will be able to assess you individually and find out where you fit in our transparent salary matrix.
WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP
We'd like to welcome you to our community.
That is why we want to engage with you at eye level and invite you to come as you are. If you‘re interested in working with us, please send us your CV with details of your previous experience. To avoid any kind of biased impression, we actually prefer to receive applications without a photo. Please also include your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
And, as the cherry on the cake, please also write a few sentences about your motivation behind joining us and why you want to help us develop the banking of the future.