We are fully remote team building the first analytics product that gives users clear, automatic, actionable insights into data with zero querying. Using comparative, you can instantly do what would take a data analyst a month of work, with 10x more accuracy.
Right now, our early team is a mix of senior data scientists and software engineers , both of whom have a huge bias for shipping products. We’re working across disciplines to innovatively solve really hard, real world problems and ship them as tools to our customers.
You’ll get to enjoy all of the benefits of being an early employee at a startup but without any of the financial risk – we are very well capitalized, and offer all the employment perks of a larger company.
Our Values There is a reason why you’re reading about the values before reading about the job. They are extremely important to us. They’re at the core of everything we do, who we hire, how we treat each other and the decisions we make.
- We are an inseparable team: We take care of each other and trust each other
- We are crazy inventors: We share all our wacky ideas and have wonderful arguments
- We are prolific builders: We are constantly shipping simple and useful tools
- We are customer obsessed: Customers are our biggest allies in building tools and we stop at nothing to get them to say "wow"
- We are lifelong learners: Every failure is a valuable lesson, one step closer towards being the best we can be
What you’ll do
- Focus on shipping tools to our customers as quickly as possible, producing generic solutions to real world data (this involves directed research and experimentation)
- Daily iterations of different methods to understand how to produce the best results
- Daily work closely with team members to brainstorm ideas
- Work directly with customers to implement the solutions you build and test them in the real world and understand the realities of customer problems
- Determine and deliver accurate design and development time estimates
- Perform feasibility checks
- Integrate components with the whole application
- Implement integration and unit tests
- Building working systems, and fixing problems
About you Your education / professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in a role as a Software Engineer
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience
Your technical background
- Excellent working knowledge Typescript/C++/Python/SQL (core development)
- Strong knowledge of software development practises (git/scrum)
- Strong knowledge of Windows/Mac OS X/Linux platforms
- WebStack knowledge, Typescript/React/Express/SQL/Docker
- Cloudy knowledge AWS/GCS/Azure
- Interest in compilers, functional systems, concurrency, games, difficult problems
The way you work
- Write insanely clean and robust code and ship fast
- Fast learner, able to pick up new concepts on the fly
- Unafraid of difficult problems
- Creative in finding radically novel solutions to problems
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Highly detail oriented, validate everything you do
- Effective communicator (able to articulately communicate difficult abstract concepts about data in English)
- Pragmatic and focused on shipping results to customers
What we have to offer you
- Excellence: home to Montreal’s top entrepreneurial data scientists and engineers
- Technology: work with the latest technologies in the Data Science field.
- Training: we want to invest in and support you in becoming the best. We can offer training classes and workshops to develop and deepen your skills.
- Independent Creativity: Comparative is independent, which means we work for ourselves and own all of our Intellectual Property. We can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
We offer a great environment and a ton of benefits
- PTO: 4 weeks vacation + December Holidays, and unlimited sick days
- Flexibility: flexible work hours and work arrangements (100% remote since pandemic)
- Remote work: Work from the comfort and safety of your home while immersed a highly creative virtual office
- Benefits: comprehensive health coverage
- Activities: our Office Happiness Task Force will always surprise you with team and company-wide outings, surprises, and activities (after pandemic).
Comparative hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you’re curious and would like to know more, apply!