The Senior Software Engineer helps lead the platform development by making architecture decisions to ensure we're building clean, maintainable, and beautiful applications. This person is responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our APIs that power our web applications. They develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software. This position participates in design and coding activities with other staff members. The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with management and other leads to design and implement new systems, maintain operations of the production systems and to coordinate work across all the initiatives of the Engineering team. They will operate in a distributed architecture, building the infrastructure to manage Big Data and solve complex algorithmic problems.
- Architects and develops highly scalable web applications
- Builds RESTful APIs
- Builds tools, services, and automation to extend the platform capabilities
- Runs critical operational portions of our ingestion, analytics, and storage infrastructure
- Collaborates with our product managers to define strategic solutions based on our clients requirements
- Evaluates and improves the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Assists with server-side code and database architecture on the back-end in NodeJS
- Work with management to ensure quality in solutions and in software design
- Participate in development lifecycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Deliver code in an agile team environment
- Research and train on technologies you think may be appropriate for current or future projects
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers. A clean SOC 2 report proves to our customers that we do the things we say we do when it comes to protecting their data. We all want to provide our customers with that verified proof, but as SaaS veterans ourselves, we've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company.
Despite its vital importance, the act of engaging in compliance activities is hated by virtually all those who participate! It's a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time. Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation!
Benefits & Perks
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision.
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards personal development opportunities.
- Unlimited PTO: Unlimited vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries.
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home (especially these days!)
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA
- Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care