Join our small, fast-growing, Boston-based software startup that is helping to fight climate change by improving the energy efficiency of homes across the country!
We’re looking for...
An experienced software engineer with a strong desire to learn, teach, collaborate and take on responsibility. Our team so far has grown from within by onboarding relatively junior engineers. This position needs to be filled by someone with strong experience, skills, and the drive to "level up" junior engineers and have deep technical discussions with senior engineers. We want someone who will help us make architectural decisions, solve challenging technical problems, and perform day to day software development.
- Full stack development
- New product and feature development
- Front end web development
- Back end APIs and services
- Infrastructure and deployment
- Solving challenging technical problems
- Contribute to technical discussions and decision-making
- Collaborate with and support teammates including mentoring junior engineers
- Support with quality assurance. Do code reviews, automated and manual testing.
- 6+ years professional software engineering experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both technical and interpersonal
- Passion for growth and learning
- Desire to do full stack software engineering, including dev ops
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Patience and a willingness to engage in technical discussions in a constructive and collaborative manner
- A good sense of humor and interest in being an important part of a growing team
- Remote candidates are welcome, Boston candidates will be preferred. Technical skills:
- At least one of the following:
- Deep AWS dev-ops expertise
- Deep MariaDB expertise
- Database design
- Deep Hibernate expertise
- [BONUS] GWT
- [BONUS] UI design
- [BONUS] Home energy efficiency knowledge
Ekotrope is a customer-centric software company that believes our success is predicated on our customers’ success. We run the most widely used Home Energy Rating Software which is used on about 1 in 5 of new homes built in the US each year. Our clients for this product are home energy raters who work with home builders to help design more energy efficient homes and then inspect and certify those homes. We also help utilities run their energy efficiency programs (e.g. Mass Save) more effectively. To date, most of our work has been focused on low-rise single and multi-family homes but we are now expanding to provide solutions for existing homes and larger multi-family buildings.
Our software development team consists of 6 full time engineers. We employ a modified Scrum framework. We have weekly team planning, demo, and retrospective meetings and daily Scrums. We have short development cycles and a tight customer feedback loop. We promote transparency, respect, self-improvement, and fulfillment.
Ekotrope offers a full benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance and a 401K program. Our headquarters is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Boston, just blocks from the T (Green, Red, Orange, Blue lines), commuter rail and buses.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
We are working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, and plan to return to our Boston office when it is safe to do so.