Senior Software Engineer
Hybrid working - Mixture of Home & Office working available
WHO WE ARE
FinancialForce delivers the #1 professional services automation (PSA) and the only customer-centric ERP solution. We accelerate business value with comprehensive best practices and the most intelligent analytics—all on the leading business cloud platform from Salesforce.
FinancialForce knows that each individual brings something special to the team, exemplifying a diverse and inclusive work environment. We embrace your authenticity and encourage our employees to “Bring Yourself” to work every day!
The job can be either office-based or entirely remote working from home. If office-based we employ a hybrid model with a high degree of flexibility where people typically work in the office two or three days a week and from home two or three days a week. If entirely remote you will be expected to visit our Harrogate office, on a company-funded short trip of two to three days, typically three to four times a year and maybe up to six times depending on project needs.
As a Senior Software Engineer at FinancialForce, you will add deep technical expertise to a dynamic team of professionals, designing and developing software features that delivers value to our customers. You will work in a structured environment that encourages creativity and innovation, and is inspired by thought leading best practices such as Lean, Kanban and Scrum. Quality is our number one priority and you will work within a framework where our systems are continually tested, defects are prioritised, and fixed immediately. You will influence strategies and approaches to the design and writing of unit and system tests. You will make contributions to standards and guidelines that ensure solid and robust applications.
The role is mainly office based with some occasional travel dependent on project requirements. The ideal candidate will be a University Graduate with a Computer Sciences or related Degree or higher or equivalent, with a strong and deep knowledge of complex software systems gained from a number of industry experiences with varying characteristics.
The Software you develop will be used world wide with our customers being spread across multiple geographic locations and industries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Partners with Product Managers and Product experts to help prioritise the product backlog
- Offers expertise in any object oriented language
- Designs and develops complex software functions comprised of multiple features following FinancialForce's framework of standards and practices.
- Extensive use of multiple technologies, design and testing approaches
- Considers functional requirements and designs effective testing strategies for unit and system tests
- Coaches and mentors software engineers, including on other teams
- Represents team in product, or sometimes company wide, technical discussions
- Shares knowledge and supervises’ more junior team members.
- Issues detected by continuous integration testing are fixed immediately as the number one priority.
- Acts as a role model to others supporting company values and technical approaches
- Learns, influences and keeps up with changes in software development tools and techniques used by the team or mandated by the company.
- Supports design and planning activities helping with forecasting future work and deliverables
- Effectively works with peers on team-oriented projects.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Experience of developing in Object Oriented languages, Java or C# or other related languages
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject (such as Computer Science)
- Demonstrable experience of developing enterprise applications. Also skilled at analysing and solving problems including understanding of application architecture principles
- Understanding of data integration, Web Services and REST Services
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity
- Great communication skills
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE GREAT
- Managing time and projects.
- Experience developing on Force.com.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.