ruby on rails
amazon web services
Senior engineers at FreeAgent have the opportunity to provide technical leadership and help to grow their teams. You'll join one of our cross functional product teams consisting of a Product Manager, a Designer and 3-5 Engineers. Our product teams have a high degree of autonomy so we like to work with people with strong initiative and a dedication to continuous learning. We invest in our platform (code health, scalability, security) as well as working on new features.
We have built a powerful CI/CD platform which can run 50,000 automated tests in around five minutes which allows us to remain productive at scale, and allows all engineers, regardless of level, to deploy code to production multiple times a day.
We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We have regular 'wiggle weeks' and we hold our legendary 'Hack Days' twice a year. Engineers write about what they do, and what they learn, on our popular engineering blog.
Your typical week will involve:
- Designing and developing new features, and shipping them to production via our best-in-class continuous delivery platform (we deploy dozens of times a day!)
- Working collaboratively with engineers, product managers and product designers in order to plan sprints, as well as help to estimate upcoming projects
- Reviewing pull requests and helping colleagues troubleshoot their code
- Using your experience to solve real-world problems, from performance optimisations to helping to resolve production incidents
- Authoring and responding to 'request for discussion' documents which we use to collaboratively make high-impact technical decisions across engineering teams
Apps we use: GitHub, Trello, G Suite, Notion, Miro
We look for:
- Commercial experience of building web/SaaS apps
- Enthusiasm for taking complex problems and simplifying them for customers
- Attention to detail. We value people who believe a job worth doing is worth doing right
- Pragmatism; being committed to getting things done while understanding tradeoffs
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- A commitment to ongoing self-development, improving both technical and soft skills. If you have the commitment, we can provide opportunities for you.
- Strong communication skills. Being able to write well and articulate your thoughts are great skills to have in any business.