ruby on rails
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members
- Add new functionality and iterate on existing products
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, TDD, QA, deployment and bug-fixing
- Collaborate with team to architect, build, and document products that improve our members’ lives
- Understand the tradeoffs inherent in software development
- Technologies used in our tech stack include JAVA, Ruby, Python, React, and Node, but value flexibility
- Help develop and mentor junior developers
- 7+ years experience with full-lifecycle software development on multiple platforms at scale
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one backend framework such as Spring, Rails, etc.
- Experience developing and integrating with APIs
- Familiarity with AWS technologies - EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional Programming
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
- Strong experience with Agile and Lean software engineering methodologies and practices
- Experience with modern tooling and best practices, especially in the areas of testing, CI/CD, and instrumentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with financial services systems
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop Stack
- Clojure programming (hobby or work)
- Experience programming in a polyglot environment
- Experience using models, algorithms, and ML technology in production systems to solve core business problems
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!