Headquarters: United States
Jaroop seeks an individual to join its team as a full-time Senior Software Engineer. We are looking for a software engineer with experience leading small teams. At Jaroop, you will serve as the technical lead on full-stack teams of 2-5 engineers in the design, implementation, and delivery of software for our clients. As a tech lead, you will have a particularly important role in mentoring junior engineers and evangelizing new technologies and best practices to the team. The team lead role offers significant potential for growth as both an engineer and a leader.
- Manage small teams of software engineers, including front-end, back-end, and full-stack engineers, in an Agile environment following DevOps best practices.
- Lead the design and architecture of complex software systems, with a focus on delivering business value to clients on time and on budget.
- Work with Jaroop's delivery and solutions teams to provide regular updates on ongoing work, estimate new development, and determine resource needs and project timelines.
- Mentor junior developers in both technical skills and soft skills.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to develop, test, and implement new processes, technologies, and best practices within the engineering department.
- 5 years of professional software engineering experience, including experience leading an engineering team.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Experience training and mentoring junior engineers.
- Ability to balance business and technology needs and clearly articulate tradeoffs to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Significant expertise in at least one modern programming language, with a preference for Scala, Python, or React.
- Understanding of common software architecture patterns.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration (CI). Experience with continuous delivery (CD) is a plus.
- Experience with git and GitHub or similar version control systems.
- Experience with relational databases and schema design.
- Familiarity with modern API technologies like REST, GraphQL, and/or OAuth.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 401(k) with company match (Roth and Traditional options)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) w/ HSA plan options and company contribution to HSA
- Retirement Plan (401k - Roth and Traditional options) - with company match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D) - company paid
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Work From Home
- Training & Development