JazzHR's software engineering team is focused on building cutting-edge products that solve business problems. Every day we tackle big technical challenges and manage large-scale systems. We leverage the power of our small team to have a disproportionate impact on our technology, our product, and our business. We love learning and growing our skills, and focus not just on improving, but innovating on the way things are done across our team, technology, and product.
While experience in some of these areas is a plus, we're most interested in finding people with exceptional foundational knowledge in software development who possess high ambition and aptitude and are excited to work directly on products and features that are relied on by thousands of companies.
What you'll bring:Ã¢ÂÂÃ¢ÂÂÃ¢ÂÂ
- Passion for continuous learning and entrepreneurship that you channel into your work.
- Specific skills are great, but enthusiasm for the web, excitement for tackling big technical challenges, and a drive to satisfy customer needs will get you further than any individual technology.
- The know-how to build intuitive UI components with modern web technologies
- A desire to architect and build robust, performant APIs.
- A sense of ownership and desire to advocate for the health and quality of the systems the team builds.
- A passion for writing highly maintainable and well-tested code.
- A drive to design scalable and generic data models that will hold up under high demand.
- A desire to mentor and guide other software engineers on design techniques and coding standards
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Great communication skills and a willingness to pair program, swarm on critical issues, and engage with your teammates to solve challenging problems.
- Experience with running, operating, and maintaining large-scale production systems.
- Experience managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables using Agile methodologies.
Although this position is based out of our Pittsburgh, PA office, we embrace a remote work culture. While we anticipate reopening our offices in the future, once it's safe for our team to return, there is no requirement to work from the office.
To learn more about our hiring process check out our overview here.
Since 2009, JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. We’re the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and small businesses from all industries.
We’re called JazzHR because we feel it’s a powerful metaphor for the way our software breaks the rules of our industry. Jazz music doesn’t fit into a box. Jazz fans don’t fit in a box. Our company certainly doesn’t fit in a box, either! We're in constant pursuit of improvement. We're always developing new tools, features, and integrations to help over 7,000 businesses that trust us to help them recruit and grow their businesses.
JazzHR has offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Waltham, MA. Most recently, our team was named "Company of the Year" by the Golden Bridge Awards, a Leader in G2's Fall 2019 Reports and part of the Pittsburgh Business Times' 2019 "Fast 50" List. JazzHR was also included on the Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the third year, chosen for TrustRadius's 2019 Top Rated Award and named a 2019 "Rising Star" by the ADP Marketplace. We're proud of our accomplishments - click here to see more!
Our team is at the center of everything we do. If you want to contribute to a growing organization, be challenged, and see the results of your efforts, apply to one of our open positions today!
JazzHR is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.