Remote in U.S.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team. The ideal candidate has strong back-end development expertise in web services, REST APIs, and databases. They will be experienced in designing, deploying, and administering the platform hosted in AWS cloud. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision, have experience working remotely on a full-time basis to achieve aggressive deliverables with high levels of quality.
This opportunity includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Working from Agile Stories, assist the Product Owner, front-end developers, and quality engineers to understand and document all necessary story requirements.
- Design and develop back-end functionality in a Java Spring environment using test-driven methodologies.
- Maintain, support and enhance existing systems and platforms.
- Lead the AWS cloud-based systems administration of the Linqto platform, to include HADR, configuring multi-zone redundancies, elastic clusters, load balancers, implement security, self healing, alarms, etc.
- Actively continue to develop and refine your skills, by adopting and implementing best practices in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Perform regular performance profiling, and security audits, and optimize as appropriate.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with Java and the Spring framework, SQL databases, persistence mechanisms like Spring Data, JPA, Hibernate, or equivalent, creating web services with REST APIs on back-end systems.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to design, deploy and maintain complex, highly scalable topologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with test-driven development and the JUnit framework.
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile development methodologies.
- Strong experience with Linux and MacOS, and shell scripting.
- Experience working remotely, having developed strong work habits and techniques of self-motivation in order to deliver on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with build automation and source code control technologies like Maven, Git, etc.
- DevOps experience administering TeamCity or Jenkins a plus.
- Experience developing financial applications a plus.
Linqto is a privately held U.S. company that makes it simple to access global private securities markets. By accessing its efficient technology-enabled investment platform, accredited investors can identify, evaluate, invest in and trade securities in the world's leading private companies. Linqto also provides founders, venture capital investors, and employees liquidity without having to wait for an IPO, acquisition, or other liquidity event. Linqto makes investing in private markets as simple as investing in public markets.