About Nicus Software
Nicus Software is a rapidly growing software company providing IT Financial Management (ITFM) solutions to large enterprises and state and local governments, helping world-class IT organizations make informed investment decisions, and enabling CIOs tell their IT value story.
Nicus customers include State of Colorado, Farmers Insurance, Target, Choice Hotels, and Fidelity Investments.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help deliver exceptional software to our customers. The Senior Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for providing development activities with the goal of building the next generation of Nicus's software products.
This position will play an integral part in driving our products forward. Strong communication skills, the ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, and the willingness to work cooperatively are all critical skills for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Apply advanced problem-solving skills and execute solutions to complex problems
- Participate in design sessions for new features and functionality
- Adhere to a time-based plan for executing on the technology/architecture updates
- Perform as a full stack Developer on the team to help continue to build out the Platform
- Fully participate in agile development activities
- Clearly communicate to leadership complex design recommendations
Qualified candidates will have competencies in the following areas:
- Demonstrate initiative, strong work ethics, and accountability
- Strategic thinking, collaboration, and thriving in a team environment
- Planning, organization and time management
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented professional with ability to work independently within a large team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to mentor peers
- Web application development using a modern UI framework.
- RESTApi experience
- On-prem and Multi-tenant SaaS experience
- Scalable distributed computing (Services/Microservices)
- .NET Framework and .NET Core familiarity
- SQL Server experience
- Experience with DevOps technologies and best processes
- Security best-practices familiarity
- Accessibility awareness and experience meeting standards
- Working with systems that handle large amounts of data both from a processing/analytics perspective, as well as a display perspective
- Experience with visualization tools and technologies - both in an embedded environment as well working with the appropriate libraries
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline required.
- 4+ years' experience as a full stack Developer/Architect required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with high data volumes
- Experience with the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with various Architectural frameworks
This position will work remotely with occasional travel to our Roanoke, Virginia office.
Nicus offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits, including medical, vision and dental as well as a matching retirement plan.