The Senior Software Engineer will work under minimal direction to design and develop high performance storage algorithms for the next generation of NVME over Fabrics storage solutions. This is an opportunity to own critical algorithms that must be invented to match the performance of next generation solid state storage technologies. The Engineer must have the ability to discuss and analyze abstract algorithms with the team to evaluate and refine the design prior to implementation. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for translating the design to an implementation in C/C++ with a clear understanding of practical system issues. The Engineer must have the technical ability to write functional specs and respond to requirement documents and system level test plans, propose design changes and suggestions to team, collaborate with engineers and other product groups as needed cross functionally.
Post- Covid, we would prefer this person to be located in Dallas but open to a remote worker.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Algorithm and protocol design and implementation in C/C++.
- System, network, and cluster performance analysis, including root causing performance issues using creative experiments and internally developed product features.
- Write organized, efficient, and well documented C/C++ code.
- Participate in automated test planning and implementation as part of a continuous deployment environment.
- Participate in all product and component design reviews to suggest improvements.
- Provide instructions and guidance on best practices to junior members of the team.
- Use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data.
- Mentor software engineers, fostering an environment of trust and accountability.
- Contribute to all software development processes and best practices, including agile development, automated testing, usability and continuous integration.
- Participate in all levels of product definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Continuously improve the overall storage software product, in terms of quality, features, and design.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in programming, including specific experience in C/C++ coding and debugging.
- Storage and/or networking experience with protocols or operating systems is desirable.
- Kernel, protocol, or hardware programming experience is desirable.
- Linux-based system and OS experience a big plus.
- Expert level understanding of computer hardware, algorithm, and protocol performance, with experience in profiling and root causing performance issues.
- Ability to discuss abstract software architectures from ideas through implementation and creatively apply domain experience to solve technical challenges
- Ability to write concise, documented code with a focus on performance and readability.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Knowledge of the cloud hosting industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with DevOps patterns and methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in an Agile environment or having worked in an Agile managed team is a plus.
- Familiarity of concepts or experience in CI/CD is a plus.
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data.
Standard office environment
Company Description - About OVHcloud
OVHcloudÃ¢ÂÂ¢ is a global cloud provider that specializes in delivering industry-leading performance and cost-effective solutions to better manage, secure, and scale data. OVHcloudÃ¢ÂÂ¢ provides a smarter alternative for web hosting, emails, bare metal servers, hosted private cloud, hybrid and public cloud solutions. The group manages 30 data centers across 12 sites in 4 continents, manufacturing its own servers, building its own data centers and deploying its own fiber-optic global network to achieve maximum efficiency. Through the OVHcloudÃ¢ÂÂ¢ spirit of challenging the status quo, the company brings freedom, security and innovation to solve data challenges - today and tomorrow. With a 20-year heritage and a solid European foundation, OVHcloudÃ¢ÂÂ¢ is committed to developing responsible technologies, as the group strives to be the driving force behind the next cloud evolution.
Learn more about OVHcloud
OVHcloud is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.