Property Meld is looking for a senior software engineer with extensive experience building web applications and is comfortable wearing many hats.
Property Meld's mission is to radically improve how the property management industry handles property maintenance. If you've ever had a maintenance issue at your housing rental, you know how much of a pain it can be to get it fixed quickly and reliably. It doesn't have to be this way.
We’re rethinking the entire property maintenance experience from the ground up with two things in mind – first, driving the cost of doing maintenance to the absolute minimum and second, providing an experience to residents and property owners that makes them want to stay with their property manager, not leave.
At Property Meld, you’ll have the opportunity to directly impact our user base by building applications that are solving real problems. If you are excited about turning something that has historically been a negative experience (maintenance) into a positive experience, while drastically improving the efficiency within the process, we’d love to talk with you.
What you’ll do
- Tackle tough engineering problems while developing and shipping new features for our product.
- Make sure our codebase is performant, scalable and well-engineered.
- Take ownership of projects and architect them from the ground up.
- Improve our CI/CD processes.
- Help scale Property Meld's web application.
- Strategize with product managers and other team members about the direction of the product.
- Collaborate with program management, marketing, and sales.
What will make you successful
- Having a strong bias for action.
- Enjoy solving problems in a way that ensures they stay fixed.
- Has a history of shipping and supporting high-quality web applications.
- Likes the challenge of a startup where any given day could have you adding new features, improving our development processes, or building out that cool new thing you feel we really need!
- Ability to iterate quickly based on user and team feedback.
- Focusing on the customer and their needs.
- Communicating clearly.
What may make this role a good fit
- Are very experienced with full-stack development using modern front-end and back-end web frameworks and relational databases.
- Strong track record of shipping high-quality products.
- Have 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Python, Django, and React experience is helpful - but don’t worry if you haven’t used them before; we recognize that good engineers can learn any technology.
ABOUT OUR PAY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $100-175k
Candidates MUST be eligible for full-time employment in the United States.
The product team at Property Meld is a remote-work organization. We require 4 hours of overlap time, daily, with the Mountain Time Zone. The position is 99% remote, with the following non-pandemic exceptions: Once a year, the total company gets together for a week of getting to know each other and to better understand the big picture of the company and how we work in each department and role.
Two times per year the product team gets together in the same physical location to get to know each other better and work through interesting challenges together. In addition, once a quarter, on your schedule, you are expected to visit with a customer and shadow them learning how they are using and not using our product.
We value diverse points of view and know that our differences make us stronger. We believe in fostering a place to work that is open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy.
We strongly encourage applications from individuals who are under-represented in the tech industry, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other basis.
Our benefits package is designed to be a part of our employees’ story of living well. We believe in our culture of trust and respect, where we have reasonable working hours, vacation time used for rejuvenation, employee wellness & health, and employee development,
- Healthcare through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental through Delta Dental
- Vision through Avasis
- 401K through Guideline
- Competitive Compensation Structure
- Four Weeks PTO annually, and allotted upon hire
- Personalized Remote Work Equipment- You select what equipment will work best for you.
- Travel Opportunities- Meetups with the company 1-3 times a year