amazon web services
We’re looking for a powerhouse software engineer to help RevBoss build the tech / product foundations that will scale us through our next phase of growth.
We’re a small engineering team, which means that you will have a broad set of responsibilities and will be an important player in the RevBoss story. Our ideal candidate is someone that’s comfortable working on a small remote team and experienced scaling SaaS products through rapid growth.
RevBoss has top-tier investors, we're profitable, growing quickly, and we have plenty of cash on the balance sheet. All of this means a great culture, a customer-driven product development strategy, and a focus on long-term, sustainable growth.
We’re looking for culture fit first, engineering talent/experience second. A team-first, client-first attitude is a non-negotiable requirement. No divas, know-it-alls, or a-holes allowed.
We expect this to be a remote hire, but we’d love to find a great candidate that is local to Durham, NC or Central Massachusetts.
Why you might like this job:
- You’ll play a meaningful role in driving our success. The product you’ll build is the absolute core of our business and is the engine that makes the whole thing go.
- You’ll build cool stuff. We have a big vision to use reporting, automation, and data science to make our team and clients happy and successful.
- You’ll get to do your best work. We hire great people and then trust them to deliver on their priorities, so you’ll have flexibility, autonomy, and plenty of opportunity to stretch your problem solving muscles.
- You’ll work with a great team. We’re smart, friendly, and ambitious. We support each other, we take care of our clients, and we’re frequently hilarious.
- We should have hired you 3 months ago. We’ve grown very quickly over the past 6 months and we’re running into scaling problems, so you’ll make an immediate impact.
The things that you'll do in this role:
- Build internal tools and reporting to help our team deliver happiness to our clients.
- Improve app performance and stability as we continue to scale.
- Extend and automate our client reporting to highlight KPIs, important to-dos, etc.
The things that we’re looking for:
- Team-first, client-first attitude — no divas, know-it-alls, or a-holes allowed.
- Meaningful software development experience — we’re more interested in aptitude and attitude than lots of experience.
- Full stack fluency — you’ll own timelines, architecture, development, testing, interface, etc.
- Experience with Ruby, MySQL and AWS.
- Passionate about automation and eager to augment (or replace?) human tasks with robot tasks.
- This is a remote role, with a preference for Eastern or Central time zones.
- Not required, but we’d love to hire someone local to Durham / Raleigh OR Central Massachusetts.