Portland ,OR or Remote
What we do in engineering at Rigado:
We design and build scalable, maintainable solutions to real-world business problems using low-power wireless devices, edge computing and the cloud. Whether the solution monitors room occupancy to maintain a safe workplace, tracks temperature of critical vaccines or tracks inventory in a warehouse, it needs to be managed, monitored and updated in a secure and stable way. Rigado’s products meet this need.
Join us as we develop and evolve our edge platform to monitor end-devices, load balance sensor data collection across multiple edge compute nodes and continue to make our system more stable and robust.
How we do in engineering:
Curiosity, empathy, ownership, and collaboration underline our work. We like strong opinions, weakly held. If you're eager to both learn from and teach fellow engineers and non-engineers alike, build excellent products for our customers, and dive headfirst into unfamiliar technology, approaches, and challenges, please be in touch.
The tech details:
We're building a distributed system, primarily in Go, to manage devices on the edge. Our systems must function effectively in the absence of a reliable connection between the server and the client. The system extends from the backend in the cloud down to actual management devices, so we've got software, firmware, and hardware engineers all working together. No experience with the other the areas of engineering required for this software position but it is a bonus.
We've also got some of the standard hopes and dreams of a senior backend engineer job posting:
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Experience with a non-relational database such as DynamoDB
- Familiarity with AWS services or other cloud vendors
- Commitment to writing stable and maintainable software that's tested, documented, and has a barest minimum of TODOs
- Understanding of how to use metrics, monitoring, and alerting to ensure system health
- Experience with operations and hosting services you build
- Experience in Go is a plus but not a requirement
- Understanding of networking (OSI, TLS, HTTP)
- Familiarity with Linux (embedded or otherwise)
- Experience with Docker or other container technology
Most importantly, we're looking for someone who is excited to learn and tackle new challenges, is motivated to be a valued colleague, is not afraid to ask for help, and doesn't hesitate to provide help. This is a lot exciting stuff coming down the pike so there's a lot of room to help shape the future of software at Rigado and of IoT device management generally.
The people details:
We're building a team in addition to software, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We're not thrilled to be representative of the state of the industry at the moment and are committed to pushing a sea change on that front. If this commitment resonates with you and the work sounds interesting to you, please reach out.