amazon web services
U.S. based candidates only
- Create and maintain .NET microservices and distributed architecture in support of SmileDirectClub’s international payment, finance, and insurance operations.
- Establish coding standards and best practices.
- Convert technical proofs and feature requests into production-ready software.
- Analyze and optimize to reduce inefficiencies in existing systems.
- Identify and implement enterprise-level best practices regarding distributed architecture and persistence at scale.
- Innovate, collaborate, and problem solve!
- Mentor team members
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A keen understanding of mature, modern coding standards for enterprise level software development – including domain-driven design, event-driven architecture, event sourcing, distributed systems, concurrency, performance optimization, and scaling.
- Experience working with pub/sub style architectures or any distributed equivalent.
- Proficiency with ASP.NET Core & LINQ (but also underlying experience with writing base queries).
A good understanding of efficient data modeling.
- Experience with at least one other application development stack (Python or Ruby is a huge plus).
- Cloud experience, preferably in Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Understanding of both Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development.
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery mechanisms.
- Experience with NoSQL based platforms such as MongoDB or DynamoDB, but also with traditional RDBMS platforms such as Postgres or MySQL.
- Understanding of multi-threaded and concurrent programming techniques.
- Experience with ecommerce platforms (e.g. Magento, Shopify, BroadLeaf)
- 5+ years as a .NET focused software engineer.
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant experience