Senior Software Engineer- Emphasis on Distributed Systems / Big Data
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer based in Phoenix Az. For the right candidate remote work is a possibility with travel to Arizona several times per year.
Your primary focus will be developing and enhancing the Spaces Data System our platform for providing business to business Data as a Service. This is a core engineering role that requires solid knowledge of distributed systems design and large scale data processing architectures, this is not a web development role. You will work on core infrastruture and query systems that provide the foundational capabilities of the Spaces Data platform.
The Day to Day:
- Develop a robust distributed computing platform designed to run at massive scale
- Build software frameworks that are maintainable, flexible and scaleable
- Design REST or GraphQL APIs that encompass best practices and are usable with minimal documentation
- Participate in the Open Source community and improve our Open Source projects
- Comfort with asynchronous programming methodology and concurrent programming techniques
- Understanding of distributed systems and what it takes to build a system that scales and operates reliably while running on thousands of computers
- Experience designing and implementing REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience developing for any of: Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop, MongoDB, Oracle or other big data systems
- US Citizenship
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with data warehouse or analytics databases such as Teradata, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Athena or Amazon Redshift.
- Experience working with XML, JSON, Parquet or ORC data formats
- Development experience with Python, Ruby, Perl and/or shell scripting
- Development rxperience with C, C++, Go or Rust programming languages
- DevOps experience with Linux or FreeBSD
- Experience with Linux Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- Mac OS X familiarity
- BS or MS in a technology or scientific field of study
- High energy level and pleasant, positive attitude!
- Evidence of working well within a diverse team
- Salary commensurate with experience, generally higher than competitive industries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement and a clear career path
Terascope specializes in software and services for large scale data systems. Our core product is the Spaces Data System enabling companies to provide business to business Data as a Service.