amazon web services
This senior software engineer will be a part of a small development team rapidly building out and scaling a new and exciting product suite. This engineer will become a subject matter expert on our application’s backend technology and be a major contributor to the product’s success. Our technology stack is primarily written in Go and heavily utilizes AWS services and Docker containers. The engineer will combine AWS, Docker, and programming experience to extend existing functionality and build new features into the product.
This can be a remote/telecommute position based out of your home office. Reports to the Software Development Team Lead.
- Contribute at a senior level to the development team
- Improve back-end architecture utilizing AWS services and Docker containerization
- Automate software releases and architecture upgrades
- Develop back-end services for SaaS and containerized versions of web application
- Responsible for the quality of work completed
- Contribute to the design and architecture of products
- Works with Sales/Professional Services/Support as needed
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years software development experience
- Strong experience developing and operating web application back-end stacks is required
- Strong Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience with S3, EC2/ELB/ASG, RDS, EFS, CloudFormation/Terraform is required
- Experience with networking, Linux, and relational databases is required
- Programming experience in Go is required
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD Pipelines is required
- Passionate about writing quality code, following best practices, solving complex technical challenges, and constantly honing your development skills
- Interested working within a collaborative team environment and in an agile software development lifecycle with rapid releases
- Ability to rapidly learn diverse technologies and apply them
- Excellent communication skills and ability to look at the “big picture,” coming up with great new ideas, but also executing those ideas and writing the code to make it happen
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented principles and developing SaaS applications
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative. What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression! Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic Software, LLC (Thycotic) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.