Our growing Product Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to strengthen our Windows desktop application and refactor some of our current generation tech stack. We're looking for a dynamic engineer who is no stranger to building well-designed, performant applications that support complex business rules and user flows. You will start by learning our existing offerings and become familiar with our codebase. As you improve in your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute by adding features to our desktop application as well as our new integration platform.
What You'll Do
- Understand and transform requirements into business-savvy features
- Optimize code to ensure performance and security
- Determine optimal solutions for architecture, maintainability, and scalability in collaboration with our leads
- Partner with QA to review, approve and design test cases
- Manage code quality and ensure appropriate unit test coverage
- Perform code reviews to ensure code adheres to standards
- Full lifecycle application development, including feature research and building proof of concepts to confirm approach
- Collaborate with Product Management to create valuable, attainable roadmap objectives
- Collaborate with our Principal Software Engineer to create solution designs, following architectural guidance
Your First 90 Days
In your First 30 Days, you will engage in our two-week immersive to understand our culture, product and tech stack. You will partner with our Lead Software Engineer, QA and DevOps to better understand our product offering as well as the browser-based product offering. Working with our Lead, you will implement a technical roadmap that takes scalability, testing and performance into account and present a gap analysis of what can be done even better. You will take on development items to get your hands in our current tech stack (75-90% of your time).
In your First 60 Days, along with user stories and product features, you will help work on a backlog of technical infrastructure work. You will assist in driving an efficient SDLC process and support your Scrum Team (Product, QA, fellow Engineers).
By Day 90, you will play an integral role in delivering on our roadmap deliverables. You will help instill the discipline of effectively monitoring and creating work items from production issues. You will advance our tech stack by continuing to implement our technical roadmap and future deliveries.
Who You Are
- 5+ years' experience with WinForms and .NET Framework (C# and VB.NET)
- 2+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including stored procedures, indexes, triggers, and functions
- Experience designing solutions with modern architecture patterns (Microservices, SOA, APIs, Web Services)
- Proponent of exercising sound coding practices, such as unit testing, object-oriented design and programming
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- Working knowledge of WPF, Entity Framework, C++, XML, LINQ, SQL Database, MSBuild, PowerShell, InstallShield
- Prior experience with Single Sign-On (SSO) protocols, including OpenID
- Experience building applications in Azure-based cloud architectures
- Experience with secure coding practices, including familiarity with OWASP top ten
- Prior experience with Windows ClickOnce
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.