Virtasant is a global cloud services provider with industry-leading technology, capabilities, and people. We've been working with the cloud, testing its limits and capabilities for over a decade now. We have built the Cloud Cost Optimization (CO) platform, which is the industry-leading methodology and software to track and optimize spending on cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
This role requires an ambitious engineer, willing to work on industry-changing and unique-in-its-class product. Do you want to work in a team of senior software engineers from all over the world? Join us and let's get the cloud revolution started!
You would work in a team of senior engineers who on average have more than a decade of experience delivering solutions for enterprise and SMB companies.
- In this role, you would be building integrations between optimization recipes and cloud platform APIs as well as debugging and improving existing recipes.
- You would bring your development experience to aid with recipe research.
- You would be building a fault-tolerant platform that is capable of processing information coming from dozens of API sources.
- Review and debug code.
- Document development phases and implement monitoring systems.
- At least 3 years of programming experience with Python, at least 8 years of software engineering experience.
- Now, we understand that years of experience in itself is not the best measure of one's expertise, so we are looking for people who have built multiple solutions in their career, tried multiple technologies, understand how the industry is changing, and are able to quickly adapt to new technology or approach.
- Passion for building reliable, testable, readable, and fully-documented code.
- In-depth knowledge of all the standard data structures and their usage.
- In-depth knowledge of standard programming principles and methodologies.
- Proactive attitude, ability to work around blocks with creative thinking.
- Experience with developing serverless, loosely coupled applications on major cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure) using the native SDKs
- Understanding of horizontal scaling, and concurrency; e.g. what would you do if you have 10k lambdas running in parallel? How would you deal with API/resource limits across various execution contexts? How can you deal with massive caching?
- Experience with microservice-based architectures.
- Knowledge of containers and container technologies.
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Solid knowledge of the basic AWS services - EC2, RDS, S3, SSM, Lambda, Step Functions, Networking and VPCs, AWS Security. SQS and SNS, DynamoDB.
- Solid knowledge of the basic GCP services - Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, BigTable, BigQuery DataStore, Spanner, Cloud Pub/Sub.
- Solid knowledge of the basic Azure services - Azure Functions / Service Fabric, EventGrid, PageBlobs & Managed Disks, Azure Service Bus, Azure Notifications, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to provide 8 hours of overlap with EST hours.
- Ability to identify and articulate patterns in unstructured and unorganized content.
- Bonus points:
- Familiarity with at least one IaaC technology: Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, etc.
- Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose.
- A competitive compensation package.
- Ability to work with some of the most talented/experienced people in the industry.
- Fully covered certification program for AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Flexible time-off policy.
- 100% remote position.