New York City/Remote
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback. Our analytics and insights platform provides unparalleled visibility into reviews and ratings to help companies improve their products, messaging, and user experiences.
We’re a passionate and hard-working team, driven to build a great product and to have fun doing so. We’re backed by some of the best VCs and angels in NYC who are fully invested in our vision and continually push us to our best.
If you’re excited to work on interesting technology that influences decisions made by some of the largest brands in the world, and you seek to play a major role in the direction of our company, we want to meet you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Engineering team is lean and agile, and we move fast. Everyone contributes across the entire application. We need someone who can jump in and help us accelerate in many areas. If you can combine your skills as a stellar programmer, system architect, and project manager, then this is the role for you.
This role is backend focused, but you should have some familiarity with frontend code and have a basic understanding of UX when building backend features. We also need someone who can understand and drive end-to-end system architecture and development. While expertise in one area is great, being able to operate throughout the stack is critical. We’re looking for more than a talented programmer. We need a technical leader who can manage feature development among other engineers as well as contribute individually.
Along with the responsibility, comes lots of power. You’ll be directly responsible for the features used by big-brand customers. As an early member of our Engineering team, you'll also have a huge influence on future hires, culture, and more. You'll also have a direct line of communication with the founders of the company, helping them lead the direction of the organization going forward. If you’re hungry for this type of role and feel you may be a good fit, please reach out.
We are looking to add a high-impact software engineer to our team to help us iterate on our product and deliver new features as we grow our user base. As a mission-critical member of our team, you will:
- Own end-to-end product features, driving them through all stages of development and release.
- Design viable UX and technical architecture given user needs
- Build product and troubleshoot problems
- Unit test
- Peer review code
- Integrate and test
- Fix bugs
- Release and manage configurations
- Maintain product
- Improve and optimize features
- Support our Customer Success team with customer deliverables, project maintenance, and technical support to meet our critical SLAs.
- Improve our internal developer experience, development process, and tooling.
- Secure and maintain cloud infrastructure.
- Build elegant and robust libraries and utilities.
- Demo and present to diverse audiences.
- Plan and coordinate feature development among other engineers.
5+ years of experience as a full-time software engineer working throughout the entire stack.
- Single page application client framework like React or Angular
- Serverless Docker microservices
- Backend web framework like Django, FastAPI, Flask, or Node
- ETL services, async job queues, and multi-stage processing layers
- Relational and non-relational databases and data warehouses
- Cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or Heroku
- Ability to write high performance, production quality code
- Extensive experience building on a cloud provider such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or Heroku.
- Working knowledge of cloud networking and fundamental security concepts.
- Experience using or implementing CI/CD pipelines.
- Management of a live production system (deployments, devops, database).
- Good math and statistics skills (for developing analytics software solutions).
- Familiarity with machine learning, deep learning, or natural language processing concepts.
- High technical agility to learn new technologies fast.
- Ability to think ahead, perform tradeoff analyses, make critical decisions, and implement scalable design.
- Ability to converse on high level concepts like UX and system level architecture, down to low level execution plans.
- Strong project scoping and project management skills.
- Experience managing or leading projects and other engineers.
- Bonus points for previously working at an early stage company.
- You genuinely care about the end user and their problems, always keeping them top of mind while designing, building, and making daily decisions.
- You're a motivated self-starter.
- You're an effective communicator.
- You can be trusted to do your part and lead initiatives to completion.
- You continually seek to learn and grow.
- You can navigate the pressures, stresses, and uncertainties that come with working at an early stage company.
- Opportunity to have end-to-end ownership of large parts of the product.
- Technical co-founders with experience ranging from tiny start-ups to large enterprises and whose primary focus is building a great software company.
- Early traction in an interesting and growing market. Plus, we’re backed by great investors, ranging from top VC firms to a billionaire hedge fund owner.
- Competitive salary, stock, and best-in-class benefits. This includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan and matching, fitness benefits, and unlimited PTO.
Apply at [email protected] with your resume, links to your GitHub (as well as anything else you’d like us to see), and a quick blurb about why you’re interested in working at Yogi.
Our office is located in Midtown Manhattan, a few blocks away from Rockefeller Center. The team is currently working remotely until it's safe to co-locate again. While we prefer candidates that are based in the NYC area, we are open to remote candidates that are based in North America.