Who We Are
AirMap were early adopters of drone technology, pioneering much of the drone economy you see today. We have solved some of the most complex drone and airspace challenges, earning us a global tier 1 position in government, defense, and enterprise contexts. As we enter a new phase of our evolution, we are looking for bright-minded innovators to help us realize the vision and move the business and the industry forward.
What We Do
AirMap provides software that enables unmanned aircraft to fly safely and legally in shared airspace to governments and regulators.
We simplify and de-risk complex and dangerous operating environments by providing air traffic controllers with the tools needed to manage unmanned air traffic and soldiers on the ground with handheld technology that delivers situational awareness near real-time.
We are building unique data set capabilities to unlock additional value and insights for our customers, signaling a new direction for AirMap in advanced automated analysis and the future of unmanned flight planning and defense.
AirMap is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 7+ years in software development and experience designing and shipping RESTful APIs and scalable cloud applications. This is an opportunity for hands-on technical leadership in all aspects of the software development process: including architecture, specification reviews, automated testing, implementation, code reviews, debugging, and documentation.
AirMap is the worlds leading airspace services platform for unmanned aircraft. Developed by experts in technology, aviation, and policy, AirMaps family of APIs and SDKs are used across the globe to enable safe and efficient unmanned flight.
You will work closely with a small, nimble team of platform architects and software engineers passionate about the challenges of contextual airspace and delivering the future of unmanned flight.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, test, and maintain scalable APIs, services, and systems within the AirMap Platform, primarily in Go.
- Participate in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from ideation to design to specification to release.
- Debug issues on all parts of the stack and improve our automated testing practices.
- Communicate closely with a small, nimble, cross-functional team.
- Maintain a holistic view of our platform, identifying sensible, simple, and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Continually work to improve our engineering standards, processes, and tooling.
- Own projects end-to-end as an individual contributor while collaborating with the wider team on key architectural decisions.
Would you like to help design the future? We promise it won't be boring.
Location: Open to applicants located in North America with confirmed working visa status
AirMap offers competitive pay and benefits, flexibility to work from home, and the opportunity to work in advanced automated analysis and the future of unmanned flight planning.