ata Amobee, Inc
We are seeking a Senior Engineer with a talent and passion for writing well-designed, highly performant, low latency, scalable, and fault-tolerant server code to handle over 7 million server-to-server requests per second for the buying and selling of customized digital and CTV ad space in real-time.
You will be working on our real-time audience team. This team plays a paramount role in the effectiveness of our ad serving platform and enables companies to enhance their market growth. You will be solving some of the biggest challenges in the ad tech industry as we look to build our next-generation multicast product to deliver individualized ad breaks to millions of streamers during live events.
The role involves designing and developing new high-volume, low latency, and scalable features in collaboration with internal product management and other engineering teams. As a senior member of the team, you will be given autonomy and responsibility to lead the design and delivery of complex features. You will also serve as a mentor for junior staff to enhance their skills and ensure products are brought to market effectively and efficiently.
This position is available fully remote, in-office (Baltimore or Reston), and Hybrid.
- Own the design and development of distributed, low latency / high throughput, multi-threaded server infrastructure components, ETL Systems and APIs
- Implement new server interfaces for use by Amobee’s technology partners
- Learn and grow your technical skill sets and industry knowledge from local experts
- Develop data streams for gathering, aggregating, and processing raw data in real-time
- Interact with other world-class digital and traditional advertising teams within Amobee
- Participate and collaborate in the creation and evolution of global scale infrastructure as needed.
- Meet with product managers to provide guidance, plan, documentation, create estimates, and designs for teams and projects.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- 5+ years of Java experience including multithreading
- Ability to creatively solve problems and thrive when faced with new and unique challenges
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Tomcat), server-side development, performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Understanding of HTTP request/response structures and lifecycle
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with NoSQL concepts and platforms (RocksDB, CouchBase, Redis)
The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.