Senior Software Engineer
We are a national, innovative, high-growth software company devoted to K12 education administration. Our products beat the competition by focusing on all business operations of K12 schools, including both financial and school nutrition management. We have a deep understanding of K12 school systems and regulations, with a focus on providing creative, integrated and user-friendly solutions supported by excellent customer service. Our workforce is talented, loyal, dedicated and highly enthusiastic. This is a fantastic career opportunity for the right individual.
We offer challenging work in a team environment. We respect each other and collaborate for continuous improvement. We are the experts in our product lines and we anticipate the needs of our customers. Our customers say we work efficiently and always strive to provide the proper solution. We have achieved this by building relationships based upon: expertise, patience, attentiveness, clear positive communication, tenacity, and a calm presence.
As an Engineer at LINQ, you will work as a member of a cross-functional team to deliver business critical applications of high function and technical quality. You will be responsible for working closely with the product owners and quality assurance to create software that fulfills business needs. You are capable of quickly learning new business domains as well as working in a team environment. You are passionate about delivering high quality, maintainable software to the business.
- Technical Excellence: A passion for creating cutting edge software through application of best engineering practices
- Continuous Improvement: A self-driven desire to find better ways to accomplish things
- Teamwork: A commitment to working as part of a team to achieve optimal results
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform appropriate code modifications to existing software that is aligned with the tools, procedures, processes, and coding standards.
- Work as part of the technical team to develop code that enhances current software products, as well as assist in the design, development, and implementation of new software products.
- Participate in design and code review sessions to ensure accuracy and maintainability of programming.
- Work with the organization’s Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure staff to ensure timely delivery of quality software changes, defect correction, and enhancements.
- Evaluate proposed technical solutions to ensure that they are aligned with the software functionality and attributes.
- Perform unit and systems testing to ensure delivery of quality products.
- Assist Business Analysts and Project Managers to address ad hoc customer requests (e.g., database queries, data issues, etc.).
- Works collaboratively with team of developers and engineers to design and develop moderate to complex web-based applications
- Recommends innovative technical solutions to improve software capabilities and user accessibility. Ensures technical components are reliable, scalable, interoperable, and reusable
- Continually enhances the technical design and frameworks underlying the CTS/DIS product suite
- Designs and documents technical architecture
- Mentor other Development staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Interest in the learning and growing in knowledge and skillset related to the software development process.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet scheduled delivery dates
- Creativity in designing browser-based applications
- .NET development skills (Visual Studio, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, MVC, Razor, TFS, Git, .NET CORE)
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence a plus
- Sisense experience a plus
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
- Generous 401K with matching 4% of base salary
- Remote Position
- Health insurance paid 100% for employee; 80% for spouse/dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan and paid holidays
- Annual bonus