Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice for developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Auth0 platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! We are looking for software engineers with the motivation and experience to bring it all to the next level.
The Engineering Enablement Domain, focuses on solving hard foundational engineering problems, to enable Auth0 to move fast with confidence. We create and offer a set of building blocks and abstractions on top of our Platform, that allow the product Engineers to develop faster.
We have several teams that go from building Cloud Agnostic libraries, shared rate limiting, and DB access services, frameworks and libraries for Security Enablement to modern SRE and SDET work.
We take security very seriously at Auth0 and this specific position is for the “Security Enablement” team where we aim to address and fix risks and security vulnerabilities at a high level (e.g. architectural level, or cross-service libraries), and expand our compliance with Security standards. This team will interact with both the Security organization and the Product Engineering organization to make sure we can deliver a secure environment to our customers with minimal disruption.
This role is for Software Engineers with a passion for Security.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Security and Product Engineering teams to incorporate strong security controls, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Develop and drive the implementation of a security architecture that supports Engineering’s goals and deliverables, through strategy, design, requirements, and code.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's product architecture patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Design and implement libraries that reduce the ability of security vulnerabilities to be exploited, across the system.
- Design and implement solutions to fix application or architectural risks that are identified by the Security team.
- Collaborate closely with Product teams to apply strategies to deprecate features and reduce risk with the minimum possible impact on our customers’ experience.
- Participate in the assessment and adaptation processes needed to go through Security Compliance standard audits.
You're a good fit for this role if:
- You have 5+ years of software development experience.
- You have a passion for making applications secure.
- You have an understanding of the top applications security risks.
- You have experience creating and maintaining public and secure APIs.
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have designed applications and systems that scale, are resilient to failure, and are observable.
- You are very familiar with top security risks and their mitigations.
- You have 5+ years of practical experience developing and improving applications written in Node.js (JS/TS).
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security.
- Have experience with Kubernetes and containerized architectures.
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.