atform Amobee, Inc
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building business-critical products and features that can process 7 million transactions per second at a latency of <200 milliseconds.
You will be working on our real-time ad buying platform for our Connected TV (CTV) solution. This team is critical to the success of our business and you will be focused on designing, architecting, and building new critical features that are low-latency, scalable, and fault-tolerant (the team hasn’t had an outage since 2008!).
As a Senior Software Engineer, you can expect 50% of your role to be focused on architecture and design and 50% focused on hands-on coding as well as mentoring and leading junior members of the team. You will be given responsibility and autonomy to bring next-generation and cutting-edge features to production. Innovation is at the core of everything we do, not just in our products but also in the tools we use. If you believe there is a better way to solve a problem in a different language, we will back you to make it happen.
This position is available fully remote, in-office (Baltimore or Reston), and Hybrid.
- Design and develop distributed, low latency / high throughput, multi-threaded server infrastructure components
- Integrate and build services and components to produce highly available, fault-tolerant, and low-latency near real-time ETL systems and APIs.
- Build and scale internet-facing ad serving components
- Implement new server interfaces for use by Amobee’s technology partners
- Learn and grow your technical skill sets and industry knowledge from local experts
- Develop data streams for gathering, aggregating, and processing raw data
- Build interfaces with various partners and customers
- Interact with other world-class digital and traditional advertising teams within Amobee
- Participate and collaborate in the creation and evolution of global scale infrastructure as needed.
- Meet with product managers to provide guidance, plan, documentation, create estimates, and designs for teams and projects.
- 5+ years Java programming experience
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread safety
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MYSQL, SQL Server or Oracle)
- Ability to creatively solve problems and thrive when faced with new and unique challenges
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Tomcat), server-side development, performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Unix / Linux background including shell-scripting
- Understanding of HTTP request/response structures and lifecycle
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with NoSQL concepts and platforms (RocksDB, CouchBase, Redis)
The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.