The selected senior engineers will act as consultants to our stakeholders and to the customer by understanding and fulfilling their requirements, while communicating clearly (in English) with architects, developers, DevOps, quality engineers and project managers. Their solutions should be following best practices, be well tested, and documented. They will advise customers on technical topics on pre-sales calls and might take part in technical presentations, mentoring, and knowledge sharing.
We are looking for:
- Senior level software engineers with great customer-focused attitude and consulting services background
- Solid experience in enterprise systems integrations and web services (SOAP, REST)
- Good knowledge and understanding of cloud and infrastructure, DevOps (CI/CD), Ansible, Linux, and networking/security
- VMware product exposure, as vRA, vRO, NSX, or VCF, would be a huge plus.
- Understanding of virtual IT production data center, experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, and experience with Kubernetes would be a plus
- Ability & willingness to travel up to 10% (post pandemic), including extended assignments over couple of weeks and to various countries globally
- Advanced level of business and technical communication in English; second language is a plus
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
As a member of the newly formed Migration Factory Center of Excellence team (M’CoE), part of WWCC CoE, the team members will play a key role in establishing and contributing to a strategic company priority and investment in expanding a Professional Services function with focus on cloud modernization services and practice. The M’CoE team will be engaged in foundational end-to-end assessment, design, migration, and modernization projects for all geos, worldwide. In addition, there is also standardization R&D work in close collaboration with the product development units. M’CoE is part of the Worldwide Center of Engineering and it is led by a very experienced VMware Engineering Manager, reporting directly to the Senior Director of WWCC CoE. The M’CoE team works in tight collaboration and under the guidance of CoE Architecture team and it is expected by each of the members to be innovation-driven and to demonstrate proactive leadership, productive execution, and alignment with the team objectives. Our management values honesty, creativity, effectiveness, and persistence.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.