We're looking for lead full-stack software engineers to join and lead our teams in delivering world-class digital products for companies such as adidas, ViacomCBS, HBO, Rovio, and Finnair. We need people that are deeply knowledgeable and passionate about technology, are able to consult clients about their core business challenges, and can come up with the right solutions with their teams.
Due to COVID-19, we are working remotely but our office in the Flatiron district is available if you'd like to get out of the house.
What we can offer you:
- Small, completely autonomous teams filled with experts in everything from design, to data science, to business consulting, working together with the client to clarify ambiguous requirements, define the best course of action, pick the right tools and technologies, and shape the result — together.
- A global community of amazing people who you will learn from and will learn from you.
- Experimentation and continuous improvement of our skills and ways of working.
- A dedication to constant evolution (and the occasional revolution).
- A world without rigid hierarchy—we believe big ideas are born when people focus on collaboration over competition.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to make things, and to make things happen.
- Deep compassion for people—both those around you, and those who will use the products you build.
- Passion about working on complex problems at any part of the project, from type system nuances to organizational dynamics.
- Desire to deeply understand the customer’s business to best advise them on how digital initiatives can be used to achieve their business goals
- A vision and commitment to the future of work: being truly lean and agile and human-centered, and leaving yesterday's pointless rituals behind.
- Readiness to be responsible for your work, development, and career path. Don't worry: we'll have your back in whatever you want to achieve, but the end goal is yours to define.
- Substantial working and team leadership experience with concrete results, across different domains and at different scales. We’re not looking for a specific amount of experience, but we’ve found out that it usually takes at least 7 years of working in the field to reach the expected level.
If reading this gave you butterflies, we hope you apply, no matter what your path here was. We hope you can join our community and help us build a company where everyone can feel proud to belong. Tell us about your past adventures in the world of software development, and let us know what you'd love to do in the future. Keep it original rather than official.
At Reaktor New York, our benefits and perks evolve with our community, and we're always open to new ideas that will support the wellbeing of Reaktorians. Currently, we offer the following perks:
- A real work-life balance with 40-hour weeks
- Four weeks of paid vacation
- Floating holiday policy – you can choose which holidays you want to recognize
- 16 weeks of fully paid family leave for primary caregivers and up to 8 weeks of fully paid family leave for secondary caregivers
- A community with as much support as your heart desires
- Aetna health, dental and vision plans
- 401K plan with a 6% annual match
- Citi Bike membership and commuting benefits
- A phone of your choice with a phoneline
- Quarterly learning stipends to use on your professional development
- Budget for improving your remote work set up during COVID-19
- Dinners, team outings, company trips, and other opportunities to bond with your teammates